Friday, January 15, 2010

Stay at Home Mom, my wish!

Mollye had a bad night last night. Let's just say no one in the Casey's house slept. This morning wasn't much better as she sounded miserable. Mommy took the day off to take her to the doctor and get everything checked out. Why is that they always get semi sick on Fridays? Then, you have to worry if it will get worse or not. Anyways, we decided to go just in case. Turns out as we thought- she has the croup. She was a big girl though. She didn't even cry when they gave her a steroid shot! No tears. She simply looked at the nurse like "hey, what did I do to you?" Then I pulled her pants back up, and she turned to the nurse and said "BYE, BYE!" Off we went!

I figured we were headed home for a day of cuddle and relaxation. Oh no, half way down the mountain she perked right up! That shot must be a miracle drug.... ha. Anyways, so we decided to make the most of our mommy/daughter day! Oh, how I'm loving it! Too much let me tell you! I've never (yes, this may sound like a bad mom), but really I have never had the desire to stay at home. I love my job. I love the feeling it gives me. I love everything about it, but after today I think I have changed my mind! I feel I might just be missing out on too much at home! Check out our wonderful morning:

We decided to do as the doctor said- go outside and get fresh air! Ok, he said cold air helps, but today it is finally not cold! It felt great! We kicked the ball; we laughed; we cuddled; we talked! It was all too perfect. We even decided to bring the "car" outside. She loved it!

Next, we decided it was time to venture to the backyard to do a little swinging. She happily obliged. Watch this girl go!





After a wonderful time playing, we decided that the perfect way to end a great morning was with a picnic lunch. You see this guy Mollye likes to call "Ho, Ho, Ho" brought her a picnic table of her very own. We have already made lots of plans to have picnic lunches this summer with Maddy! However, we thought today would be the perfect day to try it out. Just look at this girl! She was in love with eating outside on her own table!

We sent Daddy a picture of our fabulous picnic lunch. I think he was quite jealous as it only took him about 5 minutes to show up with his lunch in hand (note- that is record time for Adam). It was too precious! He asked Mollye if he could join in on her picnic. She happily said, "Uh,huh!" Thanks, Daddy, for being the icing on our wonderful morning!


Now, she is cuddled up in her crib with her "b" and kitty. Mommy has done some cleaning, organizing, and some mommy time.

So there you have it, I have a new goal in life: be a stay at home mom! I want these memories every day!

2 comments:

  1. It is the best a being stay at home mom. It is still a job though! I find when I work (nurse at a hospital twice a week) I actually have me time! Nice to have a day in your new dream I'm sure, you'll have summer before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know just exactly what I mean about loving every second of staying at home with the boys. Seeing them everyday and watching them grow. I agree with Sarah, it is hard though! This day had me grinning from ear to ear as I watched your family love one another on a beautiful winter day! Alright, Adam. It's time to start bringing the money in,,,mama needs to stay at home with her girlie!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete