Sunday, January 24, 2010

Playdates

So I actually laugh, when I hear my kids at school using the term "playdates." I'm sorry but it just sounds like such a rich kid thing. I don't remember ever saying "Mom, can I have a playdate with Kristie?" I think it went more like this "Mom, Kristie is coming over to play." Either way, I guess it's the same.

So to speak of playdates, they are my new favorite thing. I remember how I use to get so excited for "dates" with Adam. It's sad to admit this, but I get half as excited now about "playdates" as I did about those real "dates."

It's just as a mom, life is a lot of routine. For me this weekend routine, usually consists of just Mollye and I. As much as I love that, it's nice to have the occasional adult conversation. Even better to have adult conversation with someone who wants to talk about the same things that interest me these days: our children!


Our latest playdate was with a little, precious boy named Mason. He is on his way quickly to being the big ONE!

Mollye had a blast playing with him. I'm actually quite impressed with her ability to share and play with other kids. She is so precious to watch. She goes from being the "leader" and showing how playing is done to being the "helper" to being the "follower." I love all three!


Check out a few pictures from our last "playdate."


So there you have it, I will try to refrain from laughing the next time I hear the word "playdate" since I truly am loving them these days!

1 comment: