Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snow Days!

Yes, it is true- I am a kid at heart! I love snow days! I love the anticipation of finding out school is closed. I lose sleep when snow is in the forecast. I'm like a small child on Christmas morning, constantly waking just to peak and see if it there is snow on the ground!

This was what I did all last week! Guess what- Thursday it worked!!! We had SNOW!!!

Now, I'm also much like a kid in the way of playing. There is just something so special about putting on extra layers and heading out to play in fresh snow. Now my child would probably have been just as fine to stay in the warm and play with her toys, but no, this momma wasn't having that! I bundled the girl up and outside we headed!

Just look how cute she is!

She really had a hard time understanding why it was a must that mom kept putting layers of clothes on her! You see I'm a kid, but I'm also an obsessive worrier- thus she had to be warm! She had on three pairs of pants, leggings, three socks, three shirts, jacket, scarf, mittens, and a hat! I think she was fine for the whole five minutes we were out there!


Can you guess which part she hated the most??? yep, the mittens!!! She wanted her fingers! Her comfort was covered by something pink!!!

So we took a hike around our backyard stopping along the way to build "tiny" snowmen! (maybe three inches, yes, tiny) We watched the "woof, woof" next door. Then I got the bright idea to teach my 17 month old how to make a snow angel! Had I been a neighbor, I bet I would have had a good laugh. Just imagine: me jumping on the ground making an angel, popping up to place Mollye on the ground and have her make an angel. Then she finally got the hang of it, and instead of just playing I decided I just had to have a picture! This was a mistake. At one point, I was literally holding her down on the ground by my foot- yes, I know this goes down as a bad mommy moment! I had to "capture" the moment! I promise she was having fun prior to my need for a picture. All in all, I was only able to capture this:

but I bet the neighbors had a good laugh!!!
I hope we have more snow days ahead of us! Also, I hope I have not scared my child from the fun of snow!
Happy Winter!!!


2 comments:

  1. I just love that hat on her! Polka dot mittens too.

    She is a little snow angel...sometimes with devil horns!!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be my favorite outfit ever. It looks like something we would have worn for tacky day! :)

    ReplyDelete