Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What was I thinking??




What is this you ask?



Well since I did not give birth to a smurf, I guess I must tell you this is one of my WORST mommy moments ever!!! I went a little over the top this time.

You see I love holidays. You already know this, and well I love traditions. So what holiday is around the corner? Yes, that's right, it's EASTER! What tradition comes with Easter? Yep, coloring Easter Eggs!!! Last year we did this at Nanny T's while Mollye sat and watched happily. This year Nanny T was smart enough to send the coloring home for a Mollye and Mommy only project. Wow, that woman is smart! She knew what I had in store for me!!!


Let's speed this story up a little and get to the moral of the story, shall we?

Basically, I knew I would color eggs this season, but I read in a magazine the other night the best way to do it with your preschooler (note, my child is 20 months- not preschool!) was to use a whisk and place the egg in the middle of the whisk. This would keep the child clean. As you already know, my child did not stay clean. However, reading this article only provoaked me to decide this was a sure way to color eggs with Mollye. I just knew she would love it! Love it she did! Mommy on the other hand quickly decided: Bad idea!!! Moral of this story is- read fine print!!! It clearly said preschool not toddler/twenty month old/terrible two acting toddler!!!



Here is my story via pictures:

Life is grand! Everyone is happy! Mollye is more than astonished by the egg changing color. Lots of "Mommy, Whoa! Mommy, ook!!!"
:

Life quickly changes for this mommy! Still a happy toddler, but the only thing this mommy is happy about is the fact that we rent:) Sorry, Jimmy, I promise it did not stain the floor!!
As I said before, the toddler was still loving it, and I am just stupid enough to keep trying... This time we have moved to the laundry room where there is very little you can hurt. Orange is the chosen color this time. Check out those smurf legs!

Finally the interest has faded. Mommy comes in for the swoop and takes the egg away before the toddler even realizes she has been moved to the bath tub. All that is left is a lonely egg locked in the laundry room who will not be rescued until there is a sound sleeping toddler!

Needless to say this mommy finished coloring eggs after bedtime:) I'm probably just stupid enough to try again next year!!!

Now off to redeem my Mommy qualities and make these sweet treats for Mollye's Easter Egg Hunt at daycare tomorrow!!!

"http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/easter-egg-dipper-treats.aspx">Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® - Easter Egg Dipper Treats™

2 comments:

  1. Gee...wonder who long that Easter tattoo is gonna be on her? I am not quite sure that blue will go with the Easter outfits I made for her. tisk-tisk.

    .mac :)

    p.s. Nanny T is waaaaaaaaaay smart and waaaaaaaaaaaaay one up on paybacks from when you were a little one! Muaahhahahhahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT going to say anything that may backfire on me because I have not colored eggs with my daughter (who is 5 years old) yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete