Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cupcake, anyone?



I believe in true discovery learning- call it the teacher in me. Adam on the other hand does not. He thinks it's way too messy!!

So on Friday night when I was baking my heart out (yes, baking for a bake sale and a birthday), Mollye really wanted to help. Well usually I let her help make whatever it is that I'm doing, but since we were not going to be the ones eating it I figured it might not be the best to let her add a little dirt and hair to the mixture... ha. Instead, I gave her her own batter, spoon, cupcake liners, and bowl. She went to work like a pro. Was it messy? Yes. Was it educational? YES! Did she have fun? YES! Did she end up sneaking the broken eggs out of the trash? YES! Did she have a melt down while I explained that those were nasty? YES! Did she continue baking? YES! Was it all worth it? YES!!!

So sorry Adam... I still think discovery learning is the best:)






1 comment:

  1. Amen! Me too! A million times worth the mess!

    I can tell you now that her cousins can pretty much bake a cake without my help at all as they have been doing it since they were about a year and a half old!

    Go Mollye go!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete