Friday, October 2, 2009

Where oh where is my stuff???

Yes, that's right I can't find anything!!!

You see I am very opposite of my husband in this way. He usually doens't have a clue where he put his shoes last. I on the other hand have a specific location for EVERYTHING!!! If you don't believe me just ask all those important people in my life: my students, my husband, my college roomate. Yep, they will all agree I might be a little OCD:)

So you can imagine I am in full blown panic mode this morning when I can't find my cell phone. I know that I left it right next to the bed on my nightstand. So where could it be? I check under the bed, under the nightstand, behind the door, and the list goes on and on. It is no where to be found.

I ask my precious 14 month old daughter. She is very good at pointing out text messages with the pointing finger and the reoccuring "iss, iss (this, in Mollye language)" until you acknowledge you have viewed your text message. However, this is all I got out of her when I asked for my cell phone:



So I keep searching. Then I notice this:




Yep, I know exactly where my cell phone is located!!! See Mollye loves this toy right now! She loves to push it around the house going "voom, voom." She loves to ride on the toy while mom pushes her at super, fast speed. She loves to HIDE things inside the seat. Yes, thanks Uncle Brad, Mollye has her very first hiding spot. Thanks. Uncle Brad, I appreciate and love the fact that you gave Mollye her current favorite toy, but you gave your sister endless hours of hunting objects now!

So I open the seat to find not only my phone but also the majority of the diaper bag:






If you are ever in my house looking for something lost, please, please check this toy:




Finally, the cell phone was found, and I being the mom I am, simply smiled and hugged that sweet baby girl. After all, she has to be pretty smart to have found her very, first hiding spot!


On a final note, I would like to leave you with another reason Mollye loves this toy so much. It makes music, which in return equals a Mollye dance party!!! [Editors note: please watch how Mollye's OCD kicks in when she notices the rug out of place. Sorry, baby girl, you may not look like me, but you do act like me:)]



1 comment:

  1. WOW!!

    A smart niece I do have! She has a special spot just for "HER" things. I always say that's the way to go. You know having a special spot and all.

    And the rug....her mama made over. I just love seeing what she has of you and then what she has of Adam.

    This might just be my favorite post yet!!!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete