Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Surprises!

Oh how I love them!

Yesterday was full of surprises for Mollye Bear and myself.

First, I get home from work to find this:

So I ponder, "hmm, who would have left this for me?"

You see I have been saying I want a new mum for a few days now. I had two very pretty ones until the week of rain and wind killed them.

So in the house I go completely running late to the gym. I'm quickly checking my voicemail while getting ready for the gym when it occurs to me that I have book club. I am trying to strategically plan out my night when I open the frig to find two boxes of delicious looking appetizers. Now, dumb me thinks, "what are these for?" I leave for the gym still pondering this.


On my way, I call my husband to ask about the flower. As soon as he answers, it occurs to me that he bought the appetizers for my girl's night! So I ask, and yep my thoughts are right. It was sweet him! He quickly informed me of how busy I had been taking care of Mollye this week, and he knew that I didn't have anything for my "girl's night." So he took care of it for me and bought me a new flower!!!

Here is the best part: he not only bought it, but when he got home he even fixed them for me. Packaged it all up so it would stay warm. The girls were amazed and simply said what everyone was thinking "aww!"

THANKS, ADAM!!! I LOVE YOU!


So before I leave for book club, we are feeding Mollye dinner when we hear a car pull up. Who is it? Ma & Pa! They stopped by to bring Mollye a little Halloween present. This baby girl is much like her mama- she loves surprises and cookies! Ma makes a great cookie on a stick. I would show you the cute ghost, but that child of mine has already devoured it! Check out all the sweet surprises they brought her:


What a great day! So I have to end with one of the greatest surprises God gives us once a year:


For me today was the day: the day in Fall were you simply just stare with amazement at how gorgeous the leaves, trees, and nature in general are. Thank you, God, for giving us this amazing scene. I have simply been amazed all day with the surprise and change in the color overnight. I was blessed to view this on my way to work, out my windows at school, and on my way to get the baby girl. Thanks to everyone who blessed Mollye and I with surprises! You made our day!

1 comment:

  1. Surprises are super fun! The boys and I have been going on tree hunts with the camera to take pictures of God's glory before it is all gone! I LOVE this week of the year. Stop ruining it for us, rain!!!

    What a sweet little brother I have. Very nice in the log in book, I must say. Flowers and help out...good for him!

    Hey...check when you go to publish each new post on here. Look at "post options" at the bottom of the posting part. Click on that. It will give you a place where you can set the date and time you want you post to publish.

    I didn't know you had posted these last 3 as the last post of yours that shows up on my sidebar is "Is there something on my head?" It's because you probably had these started, saved them, and then came back to them to finish, and then hit publish. They will publish on the date and time you first saved them as--like in that order.

    I tell you all of this as I need to keep abreast of the Mollye's Mom blog...I was behind in my reading and Aunt Meghan can't be behind!!!

    .mac :)

    p.s. Ma does make a mean cookie on a stick!!

    ReplyDelete