Monday, September 13, 2010

Call me mom/teacher!

I just can't help it. I guess it is the teacher in me, but I am in love with playing educational games with Mollye! She is such the sponge right now soaking in every ounce of knowledge that she can.  She can now count to fifteen, has number correspondence with items up to ten, sings her ABC's, and can even match letters and numbers.

This first game was made up on the spot.  Mollye likes to color coordinate her magnetic ABC's.  She had taken them all down and put them on the floor to start her sorting.  I decided to take her crayons and write down different letters then send her in to find the correct match.  I had no idea if she could do this or not, but GUESS WHAT! She CAN!!! We made it to e on the first day.  The second time we made it to O. 



Another game that Mollye absolutely loves is finding her colors.  I simply took an egg carton and painted six different colors in the bottom.  We took the carton to the park, and Mollye was in charge of finding an item to go with each color.  She loved it! She was quick to tell me what colors I left out.  Also, I should note that it took me a lot longer to paint than it took her to find the items. 

This has become a must every time we go to the park now.  She always goes looking before she will play.  She has had some really interesting finds the last couple of times. Examples include- sundrop top that was yellow, bubble gum wrapper that was pink, leaves that fit more than one color (this is just too much for her to handle as she tears it into pieces to make sure it fits all the correct colors!), and lots more goodies!

Learning has always been a passion of mine, but watching her little brain work is amazing.  I know I was meant to teach, but I now know that my true calling was to inspire my child to learn and be creative! I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Creative...that's the ticket!

    Learning comes second nature, I promise!

    Go Mollye go!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete