Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My little artist!

Mollye is at such a fun age! I love to watch her little brain work.  She now knows all of her letters and almost all letter sounds! She actually has even been sounding out a few words these days- thanks to an app on the iPad! It amazes me to know that it will not be long until she slowly starts reading! Crazy, how fast time goes!


The one thing that she has always loved is art! I love to watch her art develop, and while I admit she is no Picasso just yet, she is getting pretty good! She has learned to make several shapes, and she has started applying them in her drawings! It's so fun to watch!!!



This is her kitty "Ariel!"  You would have had to have been here, but Ariel was having a very bad hair day due to the rain she had been in all day.  Mollye wanted to capture her hair- note the straight lines on top of her head! She was also laying down so Mollye said you can only see three of her legs! Now the nose, well I just can't even comment on that!


 Who is this you ask?  Belle.  Done completely with paint.  She was so cute.  She set her Belle doll up and tried to copy her as she painted!  Then at the end she had to go back and add lipstick!

I like that her arms are coming out of her head:)


This is my favorite! It will be framed!!! Mollye's first self-portrait! She was so cautious in drawing each part.  Circle for the face.  Blue for the eyes. Lips- again had to have lipstick! Purple dress b/c she was wearing one. She even put the rubberbands in with her hair up in pig tails.  Then she wrote her name to finish off her drawing. I just love it!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these! Little kid art is the BEST if you ask me!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete