Monday, August 2, 2010

Disney!!!





With only one day of summer left, I figured I should get back to my blogging. I promised to upload pictures of our first family vacation!! Plus, I just wanted to re-live it a little bit longer. I think we all do. I would jump in the car and go back tomorrow if I could. Mollye still asks to go ride Dumbo or go to the beach often. Adam wants to go down during Christmas vacation to see Disney with Christmas lights- hmm... sounds lovely; just how are we going to come up with that money?!?



Anyways back to the trip:

Leaving for Florida wearing nothing other than Minnie jammies (THANKS, Nanny T):




We drove through the night, and Mollye did an amazing job in the car! She slept most of the time, but about thirty minutes before arriving at the condo she was ready to be out of the carseat!!! We finally arrived around 3 a.m.. Mollye instantly went running into the condo screaming "where mickey? I want see Mickey!" Oops... I guess we forgot to explain that it would be a little later in our trip that we would see Mickey Mouse.

The first day we hung low and rested at the condo. We went swimming- which my fish of a child loves!!! Then that night we decided to head to downtown Disney for dinner. My favorite part of driving in Downtown Disney was how Mollye would point out all of the Disney buses and tell us that Mickey was driving the bus!!! She was so serious!!!







The next day was the very anticipated day- Magic Kingdom!!! Let me walk you through our day with pictures:



It's too early, Mom!



Leave it to me to make sure she has a Minnie Mouse fork to eat with the morning of Disney!



Thanks to Aunt Meg for our surprise outfit!!! I get Mollye a fork. Aunt Meg makes sure she is dressed!! Let me tell you she was super cute, and everyone commented on her outfit!!



I can hear her screaming- "I go to see Mickey! I see Mickey!!!" She was so excited, and bless her because she had no idea what she was really in for!



We're here!!!



The best thing that we did was arrive before the park opened so that we could watch the opening celebration. Thanks, Lori, for planning this for us!!! Mollye was in complete amazement that Mickey really is real!!!



Mollye's very first ride- A Small World:



only my child would get caught on camera doing this:



We rode several other rides as we did not have to wait in line more than two minutes for anything the first two hours!! I advice go early if you go to Disney! Mollye had two favorite rides- one was non other than DUMBO!!! One of the two times that she cried was when she had to get off of Dumbo, but no fear she was happy just to get right back in line for another turn.

Adam is still very challenged when it comes to the new camera, so I had to settle on a picture in the play dumbo- not the real ride.



Another favorite of Mollye's was Mickey and Minnie's individual houses. She loved Minnie's as she could play with everything in it!

Hmm... Minnie, what do you have to eat? Cheese! Yummy in my tummy!







We waited in line to see Mickey and Minnie- we could not come to Disney and not meet them!!! Mollye was so excited and talked nonstop until we actually saw them. It's funny how she can go from a Casey to a Bennett just like that!!! Needless to say she did not run to Mickey or Minnie. We did walk away with cute pictures and autographs!!! As we were leaving Mollye was very sad and wanted to go back to Mickey- it was like she was saying "hey, wait, give me a second to get use to you!!!"



Another favorite of Mollye's was Pluto's boat. She LOVED playing in the water!!! I mean loved it to the point that she played for a good twenty minutes with solid giggles!!!




Lunch looked like this for Mollye:

No tears, just passed out.


After a few more rides, we talked Daddy (he was very nervous) into riding the rollercoaster with Lori and Pokey while we went to a Character Parade- probably one of my favorites that we did!!! Mollye and I were able to be front row, and she loved it all!!!





We met back up with Daddy who had purchased Mollye a balloon- how sweet! We decided to head back for a short nap before returning for the night parade and fireworks.



Mollye's second favorite ride- the teacups. Also, the only other time all day that we had tears. Again the tears were because she did not want to get off. No fear we rode three more times.







After the parade, we were able to ride a few more times on Dumbo while others watched the fireworks. However, by this point Mollye was falling asleep in line- she would wake up to ride though!! We decided to call our day a success and head back to the condo. What a great day it was!!! I will post more about our vacation tomorrow!

Thank you to all who helped make this vacation possible. Especially a big thank you to Lori and Michael for the invite- and to the other people who are very dear to my heart that helped make this happen. It truly was :

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! We went to Gatlinburg and had the same issue with arriving late (or early, in your case) and Garyn ready to go do all the things we had talked about right then! He didn't want to go to bed in the hotel room, he wanted to go play golf and ride the sky lift. We had to let him run up and down the hotel halls for a little while. He kept saying, "Let's go to our trip!"

    ReplyDelete