Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Blessing

Yesterday was the 4th of July. Lots of my thoughts were on freedom and our American blessings, but mostly I continued to revisit my blessings (and I have lots to count!), but my number one blessing, Mollye. Her love is unconditional. Thank you, God, for knowing exactly what I needed in life. Her love and your love are such a blessing.



*Adapted from a fabulous poem I read today*

Her little arms reach out to me
When I walk in the room,
This special little girl,
a flower of love in full bloom.

The trusting smile she gives to me
While gazing in my eyes,
It provides me with the desire
to be her number one; her golden prize.

I hold her close and kiss her often
And whisper of my love,
I say a prayer of gratefulness
And send it up above

Her Mother? What could I have done
To earn this gift, this right?I'm still not sure, but I'll thank God
Each morning and each night.




Thank you God; you have given me the greatest blessing ever. I can't believe my life seems so full, so right- now that I have a precious baby girl. The look she gives. The love she gives. It is like no other. I never knew love could be like this. I hope to take the love and lessons I have learned through her and provide them in the rest of my life. I need to give the type of love she shows me to those important in my life- first and foremost, GOD. God, you have blessed me & I hope to take that blessing and honor you. Show me the way, show me the path you have for me to follow. I am ready, and I know my tag-along will love to give some of her precious love away. THANK YOU!


1 comment:

  1. Great post, SIL! She is one incredible blessing to us all.

    I think children are here to lead us more than we really even know; they can teach us so much.

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete