Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mollye Turns ONE!!!

Dear Mollye,

Where did the first year go? Oh, how I have loved this year. You have blessed me in ways you will never know. You were a surprise to mommy, but truly a planned gift from God. He knew exactly what I needed. Although you came along with eight months of NO sleep, I would still do it all over in a second! I miss holding you and cuddling you. I use to hold you every night from seven until nine. I would sit in the recliner and just admirer all that God created within you. Now, you are a growing girl and your naps on mom last a mere two seconds- still an all too precious two seconds though! Here are some other fabulous memories:


  • two fingers

  • bringing "cupcakes" to your midnight/two a.m. feedings

  • Halloween

  • bath time- I miss your Teddy sponge days, but I love your ability to splish,splash

  • sleeping in my bed- I know it is frowned upon, but I loved every second of it!

  • watching you learn to sit up and pull up

  • your fabulous clap

  • your love for food

  • when you first started eating puffs

  • Kitty and puppy sounds

  • the way you slept with your arms all folded up by your head

  • the way you love your mommy more than life itself

  • playing with the cell phone

  • swinging at the park

  • walking at the park

  • swimming

  • dancing to music; you love music

  • your giggles

There are so many fabulous memories; way too many to name.


Thank you, Mollye! You have given me the best year of my life. You have taught me to remember the simple things in life. You have taught me to enjoy every moment. You have taught me to slow down and make time for things that matter the most. You have opened my eyes to just how magical this world is and all that it has to offer. I love to see how the simplest things amaze you. You are learning, sweet, baby girl. Learning all too fast. Always remember the innocence and the simple joy- you have showed me these again.


Oh, how I love witnessing all the firsts for you. The first year was full of them. First bath, first smile, first tooth, first feeding, first sitting up, first pulling up, first crawling/army crawling in your world, first giggle, first hand motion, but my favorite first was the day you said the word: mama!!! I didn't know my heart could melt anymore, but sure enough you did it again.


I love you, Mollye! I will not always do things right, but I can promise I will give you LOVE! More love than you knew possible! You are my world! You are my sunshine! You are my Mollyebear! Seeing you every day and every night, light up my world! Happy first birthday! We have many more memories to make, many more moments to be had! Endless amounts of hugs and kisses are still left with your name on them sweet girl! Mommy loves you!


Love,


Mommy


I love watching you swing and giggle! Happy first birthday, Mollye!

2 comments:

  1. She's a big girl! She's got a great mama too.

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 fingers is what I will be using on her very soon she will be nice and tight

    ReplyDelete