Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!

We woke up to 8 inches of snow!!! It even measured up to 9 in certain spots!

Mollye and I had a wonderful mommy/daughter snow day! It started the night before when I was putting her to bed.  I was explaining to her that mommy did not have to work tomorrow and could stay home with her.  I started telling her everything we would be doing, and each time I told her something new those big, blue eyes would get huge as she would go "oh, so fun!!"  I just love the innocence of a 2 year old.  She truly loves life!

So just as I promised we had a busy day today!

Started off by making donuts. Yummy! I can't say that either of us actually ate one, but we had fun making them!



 She even got caught licking her fingers! It must have been good!

 Then we bundled up to head out and play, play, play!!!

We measured:
 Mollye measured. She declared it was "big!"  Then she somehow lost our ruler.  I guess I will be hunting that when the snow melts.
 Please note the jacket added before the attempt at a snow angel.  She was so upset that her new purple jacket got dirty with snow that she made me go back in and get one to cover it up with!!! Oh how that girl loves purple!
 I love her face in this picture! She loved the snow.  She would try to run and just fall to the ground. 
 We then decided it was time to make a princess snowgirl! We brought out all the accessories needed. Check out the finished product:
 Mollye would not even let me add the sticks I had planned for arms b/c they did not have glitter.  Oh sorry, Mollye, next time I will be sure to spray paint glitter arms for you!
 Then we had to check out the fun the backyard had to offer.  Lots of swinging and more snow angels!
 We decided to go in and get warm.  This included lots of cuddling and book reading!!! One of my favorite times! Then we both decided it was time for a NAP!!! After nap, we made homemade chocolate chip cookies and delivered some to Nanny and Papa! It was a fabulous day, and the best part is that we get to do it all over again tomorrow!

Happy Snow Day!

Love,
A very blessed Mommy
A princess named Mollye
A snowprincess

No comments:

Post a Comment