Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Morning!

With all this snow, I thought I should try to catch up my blog readers.  Let's rewind to Christmas morning:

I woke around 6 in my usual little kid Christmas mode only to find everyone else dead to the world! I did find this nice surprise out of my window:

 I rushed to check on Mollye.  Still out like a light:

 I finally convinced Adam to get up with me and enjoy the very magical, white Christmas! It was an amazing feeling to see such blessings under the tree, white snow covering the ground, and my very, happy, healthy family all together! I would call us lucky!

We finally waited as long I could stand (yes, I, the grown  adult could not take it any longer), and we decided to press Mickey's foot in hopes that Mollye would come running.  She did just that!!! Out the door she flew going, "Mickey, I hear Mickey!"  We made her wait until the video camera was running and everyone was in picture mode.  She rounded the corner, looked at her gifts and said, "my baby stroller."  As if to say I had no doubt.  Then she walked right up to it and went, "no, baby."  Ugh... no, child, you must use your own baby; be happy you got the stroller! Ha! She happily went and retrieved "Holly" to ride in her new stroller!
 From then on it was nothing but smiles, giggles, and lots of thank yous! She really was grateful. She just had to wake up first...
 Mollye and all of her toys that Santa brought!!!
 She loved unwrapping the presents!
 I love stockings, and so did she!  A huge thanks to Aunt Sharon for making Mollye this stocking a few years ago.  It matches mine from my childhood.  I love traditions!
 Still digging for more gifts:

 Daddy's turn! Mollye helped of course.  I love that she looked back at me and went, "shh, don't tell Mommy!" It was his new welding jacket!
 Mollye's gift from Mommy and Daddy.  Crayola makes some cool stuff! This was a huge hit in our house!
 As we do each Christmas,  Mollye and I have a picture together just the two of us on Christmas morning.  She is getting so big!
 I am almost embarrassed to post this picture.  This is all the gifts that Mollye walked away with on Christmas Day.  Keep in mind this does not include several others from aunts, uncles, Ma & Pa, etc. Wow... she is very blessed and lucky.  I am happy to report that every toy under this tree is truly being played with except Mickey.  He's a boy toy... so she says.
What a blessed Christmas we had.  The morning was everything that I dreamed of!  And the night was the icing on the cake.  All season we had been talking about baby Jesus and Christmas being his birthday.  I thought that she just liked talking about the baby, but on Christmas night when we said our prayers Mollye offered up this, "Happy birthday, baby Jesus."  So I end by saying:

I vow to promise to always teach my child the real reason for the season. Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment