Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fruits of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22-23

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

I used this verse for inspiration with our latest craft! These are all characteristics that I hope to possess as well as teach my children the importance of each.  I thought it was the perfect time to start talking about all of them! We incorporated this into our Fall apple crafts.

We started by painting apples:


First Mollye insisted on using the correct colors: red and green.


This quickly changed to pink and purple- every girl's favorites!

She loved the way that I painted the entire apple pink so she was determined to paint her "big apple all purple!" She did! I was so proud! I think one day she might have a decent artistic ability- something her mommy does not have.


Then we took the apples and wrote the Fruits of the Spirit on each. 

We strung them together for a finished banner.  This now resides above our kitchen sink.  Mollye and I both enjoy looking at her hard work! Plus it is a nice reminder to me of the qualities I want to demonstrate to my child, husband, school children, and everyone else I encounter.


3 comments:

  1. Super great idea, Aunt Kim! I do love!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love your candy corn game!! Did you make it yourself or buy it?! I'd love to do something like that for our schools Fall Fest but I'm not terribly crafty. Any pointers? Thanks & great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoops...my comment was intended for your Halloween party post. sorry for any confusion.

      Delete