Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cupcake Attempt

Wow, oh wow! I am positive that I did not care as much about my wedding cake as I do my daughter's smash cake. Yes, I said SMASH cake. A simple cake thats sole purpose is to be smashed into a million pieces. Yet, as a first time mom- this cake is one that has to be just perfect!



Well after three attempts and one breakdown moment were I even went to a bakery determined to give over the title of mommy cake maker, I think I have finally resolved my problem. I have created a cupcake cake that I think will serve as my daughter's very first birthday cake! I so wanted to be the maker of this special cake.



Instead of attempting to ice the bottom, I cleverly did my research and discovered a way to use melted chocolate candies. What do you think?





So now it's off to the store to buy the perfect sprinkles and the right size cake decorating bag!



This event takes place exactly one month from today! So sad to think the first year is almost over, but we will have one fabulous cupcake party to celebrate. Maybe that will help keep mom's sad tears away. Where did my little baby girl go?

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding? That pink bottom is metled candies? Holy cow!

    I just hope we all get one just as yummy!!! Hurry up, July 25th!

    Oh, by the way, the boys want to know what flavor the cake is going to be. Casey thinks vanilla. Eli thinks chocolate.

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete